Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Monday 25 August 2014

Bake Off – Swiss Roll Challenge

Last weekend was spent with a number of ‘Bake-Off’ fans. Whilst I try to avoid the TV programme, I am up for a challenge. So Andrew and I both tried to make Swiss Rolls in a private bake-off challenge.

Unfortunately we both ate them before we could compare tastes, so judging has to be by comparing the photos. Andrew had the advantage of a skilled photographer, whilst all I could manage was an over-exposed self-timed effort.

Andrew:

“It was a Mary Berry recipe and I filled it with buttercream xiong and myrtille jam.”

1802Swiss2b

Martin:

“It was my own recipe and I filled it with whipping cream and blueberry jam.” (The jam may have been a bad choice due to large lumps of blueberry that make the filling look uneven – that’s my excuse!)

1901Swiss2

Sue says she wants a re-match. I wonder why.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Mummy is not very good at texting.
xiong is actually icing not a fancy ingredient!!!!
Baking does not get any tougher than this!!!
Andrew (star baker)

Phreerunner said...

Haha, I wondered about the mystery Xiong ingredient, but I did understand the myrtle - that's a useful Scrabble word BTW.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that's just made me laugh a lot! I would have to award both of you 'star baker'! Sue