Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Saturday 15 November 2014

Wythenshawe Parkrun Number 162

1501leaders

I enjoyed marshalling at “the far bridge” this morning, trying to encourage 216 runners around Wythenshawe Park’s two-lap Parkrun circuit on a warm, muddy morning. The bridge is 900 metres from the start/finish line and it’s very peaceful sitting on the railings waiting for the runners, whilst being entertained by squabbling gulls and foraging jays, not to mention my attempts to convert passing dog walkers into Parkrunners.

The two winners, Allan and Diane – pictured above with third place Roger – even managed a third lap, resulting in puzzled looks from folk who found themselves lapped twice on the two lap course.

I took lots of photos with a camera not really designed for the purpose, so most of my subjects appear as speedy blurs on the dull day, even if they were walking. Anyway, I hope they appreciate that I’ve tried to show them in a ‘fast’ light. The results are here. If you aren’t familiar with ‘Parkrun’, Wythenshawe’s home page is here.

My Picasa album is here, and I’ve also tried to put them in the Parkrun Flickr album, but I’ve struggled with that on a number of fronts – even though I sign in as me, the photos appear to emanate from Sue (who wasn’t there today), and … well, I can’t find the captions or play a slideshow. Perhaps you can!

To view the Picasa album, click on the first image and then click ‘slideshow’ – even I can do that.

It’s a great way to start the weekend – see you all again soon.

PS – do let me know if you are not happy with any of these images being made public, and I’ll delete them from the album (email: martin@topwalks.com)

2 comments:

Alan Lamb said...

Great stuff Martin. You've even made certain people look like they pick their knees up when they are running!
As RD on the day I have to remind you "it's a run not a race", though I'm one of those who's guilty of getting into a middle aged smackdown on the way back from the far bridge...

Phreerunner said...

Thanks, Alan - point made. I did try to avoid reference to a 'race' and I think my only mistake was to mention 'winners'. If you'd been where I was you'd have been in no doubt that Diane was racing Allan, even if Allan wasn't racing Diane. She was still trying to pass him on their third lap, but not so fast as to inhibit an appropriate comment to my question "Who won?"
Keep up the good RDing work, and we hope to see you in a couple of weeks - probably marshalling again, and I've now discovered a 'sports' setting on the camera, so people may not appear to be going so fast!