Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 8 January 2015

TGO Challenge 2015

TGOrouteoverview2

It will be my ninth ‘Challenge’, this year with Sue who will be making her fourth crossing of Scotland by foot (and in a boat across Loch Ness).

I booked some luxurious accommodation a couple of weeks ago and have now managed to link the ‘dots’. We go from Dornie > Cannich > Drumnadrochit > Aviemore > Braemar > Tarfside > North Water Bridge > Nether Woodston, so it’s a short and sociable route this time.

Anquet says 324 km (202 miles) with 11,500 metres ascent, but there’s every chance that the ascent will be much less if we avoid some of the high points we are I am aspiring to (Sue hasn’t been told yet) but will probably avoid.

I know various other bloggers are signed up for this year’s stroll, and Sue and I are looking forward to meeting some of you as well as many old and no doubt new friends, albeit Sue will probably be chatting whilst I bang away at the keyboard… I’ll try to be brief this year; there can’t be too much new to say!

You can click on the above picture to get a bigger version.

Hopefully it will be t-shirt weather again, as it was on much of last year’s Challenge. Here’s a random picture from Day 2 – ascending Sgurr Mhurlagain on a sunny afternoon.

SgurrMhurlagain

I must get round to doing something with last year’s TGOC pictures!

6 comments:

Sir Hugh said...

Looks good. I presume you are going through the Lairig Ghru as far as I can tell from the small scale. I reckon that will be a popular link in other challengers' routes. Have you got a friendly boatman to carry you across Loch Ness?

Louise said...

Our paths may cross ;-)

Phreerunner said...

We look forward to seeing you Louise.

Conrad, there's a ferry across Loch Ness that is very efficient. And yes, we will probably go through the Lairig Ghru, but our fine weather option takes us over Braeriach, with an overnight stop at the Wells of Dee.

AlanR said...

Like it Martin.
Its almost my route for 2016. If the knee is right,

Al said...

Have a good one Martin. We are both going through Aviemore, I'll be there on Thurs night!...other than that very different routes
Enjoy

Phreerunner said...

Thanks Al, we'll be in Aviemore on the Friday.