Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Friday 7 August 2015

Another Pyrenean Adventure – Coast to coast along the GR11 - The Book

0752book2

I said somewhere that there wouldn’t be a book of this trip.

I was wrong.

I was due to travel home from this walk today, but I finished a few days early and came back last Saturday.

When GR10 was completed in 2013, Humphrey kindly converted my blog postings into an 80 page book. Very good it was too. I wrote all about it here.

This time Humphrey has again excelled himself, with another 80+ page offering in the same format of which there are currently just a couple of copies. He has also produced some very useful maps.

I now have several options:

1. Distribute by way of a PDF file. I’m not sure about this as I’ve now compiled an Index page to the postings and have inserted links for easy navigation from page to page – all that’s missing are the maps.
2. Print small batches ‘On Demand’.
3. Print by conventional litho, as with the previous book – by far the cheapest option but requiring a minimum print run of 100 copies.

I could also combine the two books into a single offering.

Since I was only supposed to be arriving home at about the time I’m writing this, it has come as a bit of a shock to receive the book. There again, yesterday (when it arrived) was one of my ‘official birthdays’ and I know Humphrey wanted to thank me for offering him a few minutes reminiscence over his morning porridge during the past few weeks!

I have to say I was more than gobsmacked by his generosity.

Thank you Humphrey.

Anyway, to help me decide on how many (if any) more copies of the book should be printed, I’d be grateful if those of you who would like a copy would let me know by email to martin@topwalks.com so that by the end of September I can make a decision on what to do.

No comments: