Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Friday 21 August 2015

The Alps - Day 3 - Heidelberg to Dornbirn

 
 
Friday 21 August

It's worth visiting Andrea and Thomas for the breakfast alone. I think the presence of a visitor inspires them to visit the deli, the bakery and the cheese shop and come away with all manner of mouthwatering meats, cheeses and breads. Thanks go to them for looking after me in such fine fashion.

During yesterday's walk I expressed my disappointment that they weren't taking advantage of the great bike trails around Heidelberg. They must have anticipated my comments as today they both have a day off work and will tour the local bicycle emporia in search of hybrid cycles. Andrea may even get one with an added electric motor - such bikes seem to be increasing in popularity.

By 10 o'clock I was on my way on the very leisurely drive to Dornbirn - another 230 miles, bringing the Timperley to Dornbirn tally to 970 miles. It's a good job I quite like the occasional long car journey!

Dornbirn - sunny, 26C hot, 4 pm, coffee with Markus. He has a brand new bike. We are both excited about TransAlp 2015.

We quickly adjourned to the Fetz Restaurant for dinner with a view to the peaks of the Bregenzerwald, before returning to Markus's apartment for an early night.

The pictures:
Breakfast
The Bregenzerwald from the Fetz Restaurant

Next Day
Back to Index

No comments: