Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Friday 15 April 2016

Friday 15 April 2016 - Hiking and Cycling in the Sunshine

Well, not today perhaps, but after leaving home this morning at just before 7am, I was able to rendezvous with Robert and Lyn in the sunshine outside their apartment soon after 3pm Spanish time. Sue's taxi, Jet2 and the local bus company all worked fine. The couple next to me on the plane were enjoying their proseco; one of them works at what I used to know as Hammond Suddards (lawyers) and I was saddened to learn of the death last week of one of their (sparring) partners, Duncan Haymes - a good man who will be much missed.

L and R had enjoyed just a short ride today - a longer one is planned for tomorrow. 

Must go - it's beer o'clock and the sun continues to shine. ..

2 comments:

Sir Hugh said...

I knew a very prominent solicitor in Bradford called Roger Suddards - he gave the main address at my father's funeral - I've forgotten the exact name of the practice - any connection do you think?

Phreerunner said...

Yes Conrad. Roger Suddards' firm merged with another firm to form Hammond Suddards. Roger came to fame for his work for families of victims of the Bradford City disaster, but he died at the age of 65 in 1995, some time after the merger so far as I can recall.
I don't think men like him are often encountered in today's profit hungry legal profession.