Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Thursday 20 October 2016

The International Toulouse Métropole Marathon – Sunday 23 October 2016

2001marathon1

Well, by the time you see this, I will have set off on my journey to Toulouse. It’s Tewkesbury tonight. Thanks Julia. Then EasyJet from Bristol in the morning and plenty of time to look around Toulouse before setting off at the back of the field on Sunday morning.

Last year the winner, Stanley Kiprotich, took 2 hours 15 minutes, and by the time the curtain fell after 6 hours, some 2561 runners had passed the finishing line, of whom 78 were in my (60 to 69) V3H age category.

Looking at the website, it seems that there’s a ‘Yellow Sail’ – a pacemaker with a yellow banner who will be running at 4 hours 30 minutes pace. He or she is the last of the pacemakers and I may try to keep up with that person for as long as I can.

The Marathon website is here (not particularly easy to follow), and it says the results will be available on line by Sunday evening.

I’ll be in touch before then, and am continuing to raise funds for the township schools in Cape Town that are supported by the small Levana Partnership charity. I know that many readers have now contributed, and I thank you all, but if you haven’t, and you would like to, my fundraising page is here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Martin-Banfield2

No comments: