Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Wednesday 10 May 2017

Another Charity Run

2016-05-22b

Tomorrow I head off to Oban to walk across Scotland for a couple of weeks. Details are here.

Immediately I get back I’m taking part in the Great Manchester Run (or is that ‘Great Run Manchester?). It’s normally a 10 kilometre run, but this year they have added a half marathon event. Perhaps foolishly, I entered it some time ago and the arrival of a timing chip a few days ago suddenly reminded me of my foolhardiness.

I know a lot of you sponsored me recently for my first marathon attempt (reported on here), but this is only my second half marathon (the first one was some years ago in Macclesfield) and it will be hard work with tired legs from carrying a 15 kilo rucksack for nearly 200 miles across the mountains of Scotland.

So I’ve started another JustGiving page, here, if anyone would care to make a small donation. The Levana Partnership team will be really most appreciative. I know the money I raised by doing the Toulouse Marathon (£3150 including Gift Aid) enabled the charity to provide much needed support to a second township school in Cape Town.

The page is here, should you wish to donate.

Thanks

The next posting should be from Oban after a long train ride….

No comments: