Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019

Sue and Martin in Mallorca 2019
On the Archduke's Path in Mallorca

Wednesday 18 October 2017

Saturday 14 October 2017 – Wythenshawe parkrun Number 310

1405park

Sue and I were due in Solihull for lunch, but made time to complete another parkrun on a warm, sunny morning in Manchester.

Paul, with the ‘250’ shirt, and Sue (‘50’) got ready for Tristan’s countdown and dashed off whilst I lingered at the back nursing my hamstring injury.

1401start

I walked with Andy H for a while, with a dog walker called Pauline who was unresponsive apart from saying she was doing the parkrun, and she was stopping to read the grafitti.

This meant that by the time we were lapped by Richard, well clear in 4th position (but it’s not a race), Andy and I had only just about reached the 1 km point.

1402richard

Pauline gave up at the first bridge, so Andy and I could catch up with Zoe at the back of the field. I briefly had to go ahead to avoid being lapped by Sue and Joe (Richard’s son).

1403joe

They finished in a shade under 27 minutes – no PB for Sue for a change, and she finished with a sore Achilles’. So now we are both injured…

1404sue

So having been lapped by over 70 of the 229 participants, I pottered around the second lap with Beth and Jasmine, just ahead of the ‘sweeping’ quartet of Jenn, Andrea, Zoe and Tail Walker, Andy.

1407park3

The 5 km took me over 51 minutes, so it wasn’t too energetic and the injury certainly didn’t worsen (which is a Good Thing). As it was my 150th parkrun I provided about 60 portions of cake, regular doses of which seem to be appreciated by some of the participants.

1410brownies

Full results here.

No comments: